Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Butterfinger Cake

I am constantly asked to bring this treat to parties! My friend, Carrie, found this gem and shared it with Andrew and I a few years ago. The caramel mixture keeps the cake extra moist and the crunch of the bars is a fun contrast. A genuine party in your mouth! :)

1 yellow cake mix
1 8 oz. jar of caramel ice cream topping
1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
4 large Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
1 16. oz. whipped topping

Prepare cake mix as directed in a 9x13. Cool and pierce several times. Mix half of whipped topping, caramel (reserve a small amount to drizzle on top) and condensed milk. Pour over cake; sprinkle half of the crushed Butterfingers on top. Ice the cake with the remainder of the whipped topping. Sprinkle the remaining Butterfingers on top. Chill until ready to serve.
This is a winner, y'all!

7 comments:

  1. taking this to our ward Dessert Cook-Off tonight!!!
    Wish me luck!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I posted as Dad.

    But...he hopes we win, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We won the cake category!!
    Woo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! Michelle-I made this when Matt's mom and brother came and it was great! I just had some a few minutes ago :) :) Thanks for the awesome recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna try this recipe today and enter it into our ward dessert contest tonight. Let's see if we can make it another winner! (If all the Butterfingers make it on to the cake before I eat them all separately, it'll have a good start... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... I made the cake. Seemed to have waaaaaay to much "frosting". Way too much.

    And even though I punctured holes in the cake, nothing seemed to go DOWN into the holes. How big do you make your holes?

    That said... it took 3rd place. :) And there were more than 3 entries... just for the record!

    Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I pretty much butcher my cake before I apply the icing. (I use the back of a wooden spoon for the holes.) Try using alittle less whipped topping and it should solve the problem. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete