Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti

Here's another Hebdon Classic. I made this last night and it is so yummy! I would say this is Ammon's second favorite meal I make. (the other is amazing and coming soon!)

3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 10 oz cans Ro-Tel tomatoes (diced with chilies)
1 stick butter
1 large onion (diced)
1 lb spaghetti
1 lb cheddar cheese
1 T chili powder (I use slightly less)
1 T garlic powder

Boil chicken for 30 minutes or until done. Remove and tear apart chicken, reserving water. Saute onions in butter until transparent. Add Ro-Tel tomatoes and spices. Then add chicken and simmer 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in water from chicken according to package directions. Drain spaghetti, return to pan and add chicken mixture. Mix well and put in a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese melts.

3 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY!! I've wanted this for years and just keep forgetting to get it...but I ask mom to make it every time we're around. I love it! Thanks, Jess, for posting it! I'm making it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started making this about 14 years ago while in Toledo when a good friend made it one night when I stopped over and she asked me to have a little with her. I KNEW I had to get the recipe. Since then, it's requested often, and it's a recipe I never tire of. Glad it's posted. And Steph, I'll still make it for you. I remember I made it right after David was born and I was helping out a little at your house. I loved how happy you were to get home from the hospital AND to have this for dinner.
    It's a GOOD one. Thanks for posting it, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for a date last night... HUGE hit.

    ReplyDelete