Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tortellini Soup

This is a great recipe for a refreshing soup.  I'm not sure where Mom got the recipe but, it's a keeper.

1 T butter 
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 15 oz chicken broth
1 small pkg. tortellini (fresh-cheese)
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 pkg. frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
1 T Italian seasoning
parmesan cheese

Melt butter in medium pan.  Add garlic and saute.  Add chicken broth and bring to a low boil.  Add tortellini and cook at a low boil for 7 minutes.  Add tomatoes, spinach and italian seasoning.  Heat through and serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

*I haven't always been able to find fresh tortellini.  I've experimented with both frozen and dried tortellini.  They both turn out just as good.  If using dry tortellini, double the amount of chicken broth.*

1 comment:

  1. This is soooooo good. I have been making this for years, and it is often requested...especially by Megan and Josh. I never quite understood this recipe, though, as I always add at least four cans of broth...not one. So....just add as much broth as you like, but one just isn't enough liquid.

    ReplyDelete